I’m starting a personal challenge to run at least a half marathon (13.1 miles) in every US state. I hope to complete this challenge before turning 50 on March 11, 2029.
Washington D.C. while our nation’s capital, is not a part of any U.S. state and is not one itself. It was the home of my first ever full marathon, The Marine Corps Marathon, in October 2018! I ran it with my beautiful sister, Annie. It opened the door to the rest of this list.
- New York – I have run the NYC Full Marathon twice (2019 and 2021). I have also ran the NYC Half (Half Marathon PR at 1:50), Queens Half, Brooklyn Half, and other half marathons around the city.
- Indiana – Carmel Full Marathon on April 2021, it was among the first in person races post pandemic and as of 4/2/23 my Marathon PR at 4:11.
- Nevada – Run Laughlin Half Marathon in Dec 2022.
- Florida – Sarasota Half Marathon in January 2023- Ran as part of a training run for the Boston Marathon. Ran a Magic Mile (see Galloway Run Method) followed by Mile Repeats.
- Texas – Plano Half Marathon in February 2023 – another training run en route to Boston.
- Maryland – Salisbury Half Marathon on April Fool’s Day 2023 – training run en route to Boston. Ran Mile Repeats at 15 seconds faster than marathon pace as a last tune up.
- Massachusetts – Ran the 127th Boston Marathon on April 17, 2023.
- Colorado – Time Travel Half Marathon in Colorado Springs in May 2023
- Washington – The Super Fast Half in Snoqualmie Pass in June 2023
- Vermont – Mad Half Marathon in Waitsfield in July 2023
- Illinois – Planned – Oct 8, 2023 – The Chicago Marathon